New York and New Jersey Health Care Attorneys
Few industries are saddled with as much regulation as the health care industry. Doctors must perform at an extremely high level at all times while navigating through complex and changing regulations regarding billing, confidentiality, notification requirements, antitrust laws, fraud, abuse laws and much more.
At Sarmasti PLLC, we provide advice and legal assistance to health care providers and assist them in navigating through the complex and ever-changing federal, New York and New Jersey state health care rules and regulations.
Frequent challenges facing our health care clients involve:
- Medicare and Medicaid compliance
- Understanding the Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA)
- Understanding and avoiding violation of Antitrust laws
- Compliance with HIPAA security and privacy requirements
- Review, negotiation, or litigation of managed care contracts and disputes
- Medical reimbursement disputes and appeals including Personal Injury Protection (PIP) claims
- Disciplinary proceedings
- Facility licensing
- Physician employment and compensation
- Professional licensure
- New York and New Jersey Licensing Board and regulatory compliance by single disciplinary and multidisciplinary heath care alliances and joint ventures
- Understanding and complying with Federal, New York and New Jersey fraud and abuse laws
- Out-of-network billing issues
Our law firm can:
- Provide doctors of chiropractic care legal advice with regard to state laws concerning multidisciplinary practices
- Represent you in arbitration or litigation of ERISA matters
- Provide advice and guidance concerning medical, chiropractic, physical therapy, and facility billing
- Provide legal advice with regard to use of outside medical billing companies and your legal obligations concerning the protection of your patients' privacy
- Provide legal advice and representation in instances where insurers are attempting to audit your medical and billing records, or are demanding refunds of amounts alleged to have been paid for health care provided years earlier
- Provide you guidance and legal advice with regard to disciplinary hearings and investigations
- Provide you legal advice and guidance with regard to Federal, New York and New Jersey anti-trust laws and regulations
If you have questions regarding health care law, commercial transactions, litigation, business dissolution and formation, real estate law, family law, employment law, Federal and State tax laws, asset protection, estate planning or abandoned and unclaimed property contact us. Our New York City office is conveniently located in Times Square. Our northern New Jersey office is conveniently located in Fairfield, New Jersey. Attorneys at our law firm are available for evening and weekend appointments and Mr. Sarmasti is fluent in Farsi / Persian. To schedule an appointment, call 212.736.9119 in New York or 973.882.6666 in New Jersey.
Attorney Advertising. Prior results do not guarantee a similar outcome.